Oh dear. I am really going on a P.G. Wodehouse spree. His books are like potato chips! Something New is a wonderful, light, clever, laugh out loud, funny book and is an awful lot like the other books I've been reading. It features a young man, Ashe Marson who is a writer. He has grown tired of writing pulp detective fiction and barely making rent. It also features a love interest, rather silly and idiotic English gentry, a grouchy rich American, a secondary love story, and an efficient butler. All the characters are wonderful, the situations comical, and the writing is droll and at times screamingly funny. And it has a happy ending. An Algernon Wooster even gets a mention. Is he related to Bertie Wooster? This book is my first Blandings novel. I am very pleased to be introduced to the world of Blandings Castle. I look forward to reading more.
I'm having fun exploring the world of P.G. Wodehouse. But I fear I am becoming addicted. I immediately downloaded another free Wodehouse story on my Kindle as soon as I finished this one!
Two thumbs up. See Read 52 Books in 52 Weeks for more reviews.
No comments:
Post a Comment