Sunday, June 24, 2012
St Luke; The Navarre Bible - Book 26
Well, due to a couple of screw ups by United Airlines, we missed our flight to Paris and couldn't get rebooked until Monday evening! So we're still here at home. Very disappointing situation, but we are making the best of it.
So I figured I'd write my book review instead of missing this week.
I started reading this Gospel of Luke Bible study on Ash Wednesday. I'd read a couple of passages most mornings, first thing while waiting for the kettle to heat up. Initially I thought it would just take me all of the Lent to read, but I guess I'm a slower reader than I thought :). I especially enjoyed the very detailed, scholarly and orthodox commentary in the footnotes on each page.
At some point this year, I'd like to also read Luke's Acts of the Apostles.
Anyway, I highly recommend this series of scripture studies.
For more book reviews, visit 52 Books.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment